Step 1: Buy your development and building application form from the Physical Planning Development Department of the Assembly.
Step 2: Basic Requirement
– Three (3) copies of registered land document or unregistered land document with a favorable search report from lands commission.
– Building permits application form.
– Four (4) copies of certified building drawings.
– Ghana national fire service report.
Additional Requirement (For Multi-Purpose and Multi-Usage)
– Four Copies of Structural Drawings
– Environmental Protection Agency Report
– Soil Test Report
– Geo-technical Investigation Report
– Structural Integrity Report in case where development has already commenced
Step 3: Complete the application form with the required information and add the above listed documents
Step 4: – Pay development permit and inspection/Plotting fee at the physical planning department.
– Assessment of building drawings for permit fee and penalty in case development has already commenced
from the works department.
– Corrections to be made (if any) to the building drawings.
Step 5: The Secretariat will process the application monthly for the Technical Sub-committee Inspection, Assessment and Recommendation.
In the case of refusal, the applicant will be notified of the reason(s) for the refusal