The Department facilitates the mobilization and use of available human and material resources to improve the living standards of individuals, groups, families and communities within an effectively decentralized system of administration.
The Department also prevents and responds to social exclusion and mal adjustment within the context of national and sub national development efforts.
To take the lead in integrating the disadvantaged, vulnerable and excluded in mainstream of Development
Work in partnership with individuals, families, groups and communities to improve their social wellbeing through their active participation in promoting development with equity.
- Advocate for social welfare and community development projects and programs.
- Mobilise communities for social development projects and programmes
- Assist communities to undertake self-help initiated development projects
- Provide assistance and Social Protection services to the vulnerable
- Serve on Family Tribunal at Court
- Ensure the Promotion and Protection of child right
- Assist groups and persons to undertake income generating activities.
- Support Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP) Programme
- Facilitate the disbursement of common Fund for Persons with Disability (PWD)
- Undertake extension Services with other organisations and monitor activities of Non-Government Organization (NGO's) operating in the Municipality